Tuesday, July 13, 2010

America the Beautiful

Jacob (my oldest brother), Suzie (his wife), and I (me/myself) drove from Provo, Utah to Connecticut.  Conclusion?  I love road trips!

It was such an amazing experience to drive across our diverse country.  We saw beautiful trees, plains, rivers, mountains, cities, people, etc. etc.  I highly recommend the experience to everyone who can stand hours and hours in a car.  I'm pretty fortunate; I don't suffer from car sickness, so I got to read books, listen to music, talk, drive, sleep, etc. without any problems except some leg cramping and butt sleeping haha :P  Driving across these states, though, helped forge a tie between me and our country.  It sounds cheesy, but I really do feel more connected to America. 

 The view from our Colorado resort.

Sunset from our Missouri resort.

King Jacob and Queen Suzie are so cute.

Princess McKenna and her new princess friend (Suzie's niece) had craft-y fun.

I'm home in Connecticut now and it has been just plain nice.  I love the sense of belonging that comes from being home.  I love the familiarity of the trees, the humidity, the house, the people, the customs, etc.  I have been changed from living in Provo for two years now; however, at my heart, I am still an East Coast girl.

More updates on my awesome summer to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment