Sunday, June 27, 2010

Gooooooooal!!!

I love the World Cup. Seriously.



I've loved cheering the USA team on.  I'm so psyched that they came out first at the top of their division. Not so psyched that we got knocked out right after that.  But there is something special about sitting and cheering with family/friends for united cause.  And those players are just so darn good!  As a soccer girl, I basically watch every game in a permanent freak-out mode because even the bad players are really talented.  Oh, and the good players!  Sigh.... they basically cause me to melt into a little puddle on the floor.  And I'm not even talking about looks (though, as far as looks go, soccer boys are by FAR my favorite!  It has NOT been hard to watch World Cup haha :P)

My favorite player?  Kaká.  Read about him.  He's a Brazilian player, who is a pretty awesome guy on and off the field.

I found this quote and I thought it summed up my feelings pretty well: "Soccer is the ballet of the masses."  Passionate, beautiful, and powerful.  Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment