Monday, October 18, 2010

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. ~Albert Camus

So I haven't blogged in FOREVER.  Put it down to, you know, flying across the country twice in a week, going to one of my best friend's weddings, hanging with friends and family, and then doing all of the makeup homework from the week of school I missed.  Whew.  I'm tired just remembering all of it :P

But can I say WORTH IT?!?!?  I had so much fun :)  And I love New England.  And family.  And autumn time!  It is my favorite season, by far.  I'm definitely a Fallie.  (Be prepared for lots of Autumn-biased posts in the next couple months.  You've been warned :P)

For instance, while I was home, I decided my family needed to go on a hike to spend time together and view the colorful trees of Connecticut.  We went to the Hublein Tower and it was lovely.  My brother David, who was trapped in Provo, asked us to take a million pictures for him.  Here are the results:

At the beginning of the trail with (left to right) me, my sister O'Kara, my mom, and my sister-in-law Suzie.  I was trying to convince everyone that we NEEDED to take a jumping picture haha.  My mom's face is my favorite by far.

The jumping picture.  They refused to jump (lame) but I am way cool so I went for it anyway :P  My mom's face wins again.

Climbing the trail.

My uber adorable parents.  They are the best because they love their children, are smart, funny, and kind.  I love them lots.

Suzie has the CUTEST new haircut.  It definitely reminds me of my old haircut.

Um, I might be the vertically challenged one in my own family.  (Kara is 10 years younger than I am.)  Sigh... we are pretty cute sisters, though!

I tried to convince Kara to go to the edge to get a picture with the colorful foliage, but she refused.  So I took a goofy picture instead.


We got to see this hang glider guy launch!  It was pretty cool.  After waiting for the right break in the wind, he just jumped off the cliff, floated up, and proceeded to pass multiple times in front of the cheering crowd.


Hublein Tower was built to resemble a castle for a food magnate's girlfriend.

I think it would be a pretty awesome summer home.

I love my sisters (including N'Krysta (not pictured but I love her too!)).

You can see 3 or 4 states from the top of the tower.

There's good ol' Hartford in the distance.  (Speaking of Hartford, exciting news, right?)




My family is so adorable!


It was a fun day, with a hike, picnic lunch, family, castles, and lots of fall color.

On the ride home, O'Kara decided she was freezing and so she piled all of the random clothes she could find onto her small frame.

She didn't want me taking pictures haha.

1 comment: