Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day


With an U.S. Army brother currently serving in Iraq, I find that holidays like Memorial Day really mean a lot more to me.  I have a lot of respect and love for our armed service men and women.  Today, I've thought a lot about what it would be like if my own brother were to fall while doing his duty to our country.  That thought makes my heart hurt and gives me a tiny glimpse into the memories and feelings thousands of families are experiencing today.

I shared this quote with some people today and I would like to share it with all of you:

"Let no vandalism of avarice or neglect, no ravages of time, testify to the present or to the coming generations, that we have forgotten, as a people, the cost of a free and undivided Republic." -John A. Logan

It's too easy to take our lifestyle in America for granted.  However, we must realize are in a unique position in the world in regard to freedom and wealth.  Please take a moment to remember those who gave us the opportunity to have choices and possibilities.  Those brave men and women had their own dreams and loves that they sacrificed for freedom.

I also found this video from the prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, that I would like to share:



I think it is so reassuring to know that we will see our heroes again.

Have a great Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment